Tsien (UK) Ltd is a specialist electronic hardware & software company based in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire. Trading under the name of Kestrel Radar Sensors they supply high quality radar technology to be used in the traffic safety and traffic management applications. As cities and road infrastructure gets smarter, there has never been a better time to be involved in the development of detection and sensing systems.
Job Vaccancy – Software Engineer
Benefits & Opportunities:
Successful candidates will work for a company with a rich history in software and hardware engineering. The company has an exciting product development roadmap where all members of the team play a crucial role in delivering new products to market. In addition, the company offers a flexible and modern working environment where engineers are granted the creative freedom and independence they need with unique opportunities to work on the forefront of technology and confront engineering challenges daily. This is a rewarding role, with excellent prospects in terms of job security and progression.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience and suitability for the role.
– Strong knowledge of C, C++, Python languages.
– Embedded software development experience using microcontrollers.
– Experience using Qt, Keil and Visual Studio development environments.
– Can work responsibly and independently without continuous guidance to create working systems that meet project requirements and timescales.
– Able to manage multiple project workloads
– Positive attitude towards documentation, testing and debugging with experience using JIRA (or similar) internal issue tracking platforms.
– Excellent teamwork and communication skills
– Passion for technology, Research & Development and problem solving.
– Awareness of engineering challenges & ability to work in co-ordination with other software and hardware engineers.
– Efficient and well-organised code development skills are required.
– Awareness of Agile working principles.
Candidates with an Undergraduate degree in a Computer Science or a STEM field will be looked upon favourably. However, a university degree is not essential. An adept candidate with hands-on experience, a portfolio of projects and/or good levels of prior work experience and problem-solving skills, would be equally likely to get accepted into this position.
The company encourages all potential candidates with an interest in this role to apply today, no matter their background.
Send your CV to [email protected]